- This event has passed.
Good Stuff NYC Workshop: Clothing Care With Elizabeth Cline
23 June 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$20
This event is part of GoodStuff NYC, a pop-up experience of living well in the circular economy, that runs May 31st through June 28th, 2019 at the South Street Seaport.
Tickets: $10 to $20. Reserve here.
Elizabeth Cline, author of Overdressed and now The Conscious Closet, will explain how to care for your clothing, including stain removal, hand washing, sweater care, deciphering labels, and how to care for those stinky gym clothes!
Elizabeth will explain:
- How to care for your clothing with a dramatically reduced environmental impact.
- You’ll save time on laundry and your clothes will look far better for longer.
- How to remove and prevent pills from knits and sweaters
- Hand wash delicates and reshape clothing
- Freshen garments between wearings
- Evaluate when garments truly need laundering
- Tips on removing stains and laundering without the use of chemically-intensive stain removers and detergent.
About our host
Elizabeth L. Cline is a New York-based author, journalist, and expert on consumer culture, fast fashion, sustainability and labor rights. Her critically acclaimed 2012 expose, Overdressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion, first revealed the impacts of fast fashion on the environment, economy, and society to an American audience and is a founding book of the global ethical and sustainable fashion movement. Overdressed is read around the world in seven languages, including Italian. Cline’s much-anticipated follow-up book, The Conscious Closet: A Revolutionary Guide to Looking Good While Doing Good, is set for release in August of 2019 by Penguin Random House. In it, Cline delves into fresh research on fashion’s impacts and illustrates how we can come together and leverage our everyday fashion choices to transform the apparel industry and change the world through style.